Sunday, December 31, 2006

Looking Forward to 2007

Tonight is a night of time alone with the Lord and of course posting to my blog. :-) 2006 has been eye-opening and wonderful and it’s been good to take the time to pause and reflect on where God has brought me this year. Since 2007 will (Lord-willing) include my final semester of college (I know, I know, it’s about time you all are saying), graduating mid-May, getting my first full-time job, possibly moving out on my own and possibly far from home, I have felt an intense need to get alone with Him and commit this next year entirely to Him. As I have been spending time with the Lord, I’ve been thinking about songs that have been my theme song this year. I think MercyMe’s “Crazy” has been this year’s theme as well as the old hymn “Be Thou My Vision.” I think my new theme song is this song called “Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham (for audio see http://www.purevolume.com/philwickham) Here are the lyrics courtesy of that site. Thanks Jen for getting me the link to this!

"Divine Romance

verse 1:
The fullness of Your grace is here with me
The richness of Your beauty’s all I see
The brightness of Your glory has arrived
In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied

chorus:
For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love

verse 2:
A deep deep flood, an Ocean flows from You
Of deep deep love, yeah it’s filling up the room
Your innocent blood, has washed my guilty life
In Your presence God I’m completely satisfied"

As I think about this next year and wherever God is going to take me and whatever my life is going to look like a year from now, I rest assured and deeply satisfied in all God is for me in Christ. I know that wherever He leads me, I will be all right, just as long as I have Him…because “In Your presence God, I’m completely satisfied.”

No comments: