Friday, March 02, 2007

Feeding the Flesh (OR NOT)

So…while I’ve been sick, God has been teaching me A LOT, and today He’s been teaching me about not feeding the flesh, in light of Romans 13:14 which says, “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.” I’ve been asking myself what this looks like practically on a daily basis in my life (forcing myself to get very specific) and wow, there are a lot of areas for God to work on me regarding this. Here is a really great blog post on this topic, complete with awesome sketches by Joshua Harris. They are hilarious! I especially like that “the flesh” is made to look like a cross between Jabba the Hut and a WWF wrestler. The pictures alone are worth a visit to the site. OK, more to come on this later, I need to get back in bed.

http://www.joshharris.com/2007/02/feeding_the_flesh.php#more

No comments: