Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jose Has Departed

Due to the onslaught of e-mails I have received in just a matter of hours (wow does word travel fast from across the pond or what?!...and yes, most of you beat me to this little tidbit of information), I thought I would address this on my blog. Yes, I have heard that the manager of Chelsea, Jose Mourinho, and the club have decided to go their separate ways. What do I think about this? Well, my initial reaction was devastation of course, because even though we’re off to rocky start this season, I still believed that Mourinho would iron everything out and we’d be back to our normal amazing performances. But sadly, that is not how it is going to work out. I have no idea about this new manager Avram Grant...all I really know is that he’s Israeli, did an ok job with their national team, etc., but other than that, I’m not too sure if this is a permanent appointment. He just doesn’t strike me as someone who would be placed at the helm of my amazing club! I know he’s good buddies with Abramovich and I also think he’s close with Sven-Göran Eriksson, but that doesn’t tell me much about his ability to lead my boys well. Ugh. What a frustrating day. My man Lampard is still injured, we are fifth in the table, then we go and draw to what I consider to be a non-entity team in Champions League and now this. I will be surprised at nothing after this.

No comments: