Thursday, April 03, 2008

Lessons in Domesticity

Student teaching has been an intense experience; one of the best experiences of my life so far, but intense all the same. So unfortunately as a result, my house has received little attention since Christmas. That is, until this spring break when I stumbled upon this lovely little website, FlyLady.net. I know, it sounds like a hokey website, but there are some amazing tidbits of information at this site. It's a great source for lessons in domesticity, if you are so inclined.

Because of this site, I now see the value in "getting dressed to my shoes" first thing in the morning (this only applies for me on non-work days...I hold off getting into high heels until I am exiting the house), shining my sink at the end of my day, working through overwhelming areas of my house in 15-minute intervals, decluttering in a systematic way, and a whole host of other things. Plus, when you sign up for their e-mail updates, they send all of these interesting ideas and helpful tips/motivations for keeping your house in working order. They also give advice on all areas of domesticity, not just cleaning. I'm thoroughly enjoying this little web-service and best of all...it's free!

1 comment:

JR said...

Oh FlyLady...I tried, I really did... :D I like that site too, but I can't seem to commit for some reason. She has some boogie thing that she does that cracks me up. It has a silly name. Oh yeah, I'm home from Florida, my mom tried to bring back a British guy named Mark as a souvenier...It's a miracle I am not married. :D