Sunday, October 19, 2008

1 Month Anniversary

Ciaran and I are celebrating our one month wedding anniversary today! I can't believe it's already been a month! After church today, we watched a movie and then Ciaran announced he had a suprise for me. Now before I share what the surprise was, I have to share that I have been experiencing my first bouts of homesickness the past two weeks. Especially on beautiful fall afternoons have I been experiencing my worst pangs as I miss the beauty of home with the woods and the fall colors and the smells of home with bonfires and apple cider and donuts, etc. So today Ciaran drove me 20-30 minutes (I didn't time it b/c I was too curious as to where he was taking me to pay attention to something like that) to an apple barn and there I got to enjoy fall in all its brilliance and get apple cider, donuts, all of the fun treats that I get all of the time back home. When I asked Ciaran how he found this place, he told me he asked all of his students if there were any apple farms nearby and this was the only one they knew of. And I thought no place had better apple cider donuts than Bayne's...well Gull Meadow Farms just might have them beat with their glazed apple cider donut. Oh it's sooo good! I have the sweetest husband in the world...I still can't believe he took the time and effort to give me a taste of home by finding an apple barn for me. All right, I don't have time to share anymore because Ciaran and I need to run a few more errands before dinner tonight, so I have to end here. Hopefully I'll be able to find more time to post later.

1 comment:

JR said...

Happy 1 month! Sounds like you guys had a good time. By the by...I love Marianne! And Colonel Brandon! :)