Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Journal Theme

So I love to journal. That is no big secret. I've been journaling since I was eight years old and I have the boxes full of old journals to prove it. Tonight I was going through all my old journals trying to find the ones from sixth grade. [I want to remember what it was like to be in sixth grade so I can better teach my sixth graders next semester when I am student teaching.] I located them, read through a bunch of the entries, e-mailed one in particular (that made me laugh the hardest) to Ciaran and then boxed them back up and forgot about it. Then, just a few minutes ago, I was patrolling some of my favorite blogs while I wait for a sub job to be posted on the ISD's website and I stumbled onto the Josh Harris blog (a personal favorite of mine)...and guess what...on December 5th's entry, there sat a picture of my current journal (it's the one on the farthest right). It made me smile because this journal is one of my current favorites; I even had to show it to my friend Amy as soon as I got it because I love it so much! I'm very particular about the paper in my journals, the binding, the cover, everything. I guess you could say I'm a connoisseur of journals. Is that even possible?! No matter, I love journals and I adore this one. And I was especially excited to see it featured on the blog of Joshua Harris. Pretty sweet. OK, I just got a job tomorrow at Heritage so I had better get moving so I can get to bed at a halfway decent time tonight. Hope everyone's having a wonderful Sabbath.

3 comments:

AmyD said...

Hey Michelle!

Happy Belated Birthday!

I think I threw away my 5th and 6th grade journals. I know you're never supposed to throw away anything you write, but I was such an angry person back then that I can't stand to read it anymore. The memories of it are difficult enough to deal with. Praise God I've learned to deal with my anger! But what a good idea to look back to remember who you were at that time. I wish I had notes from classes from back then to try to remember how I learned.

Oh, and I'm sorry you had to work at Heritage on your birthday! J/K, I somehow can't rid myself of having bitterness toward that school. I'm sure it's a great place but still a rival of mine!

Hope all is well! Hopefully I'll see you this weekend :-)

AmyD said...

Oh yea, and check out this Piper video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1449682372961945579

JR said...

GAH! I missed your birthday too!? GRRR...You AND Karin. I'm horrible. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! I thought I had this written down somewhere. Obviously not. When was it?