Sunday, February 01, 2009

Hyundai Superbowl Commercial

My favorite Superbowl commercial this year was the "Angry Bosses" Hyundai commercial. I have it below, check it out. Now for the reason this is my favorite. Ciaran and I are about to buy a Hyundai Elantra and a Hyundai Sonata. My local mechanic told me to unload my car ASAP since I've already dumped more money into it than its worth (he told me this back at the beginning of January) and since Ciaran's car was totaled back in November, we've been searching for two cars this past month. After a very long month of car shopping, we've finally settled on the two cars as I've mentioned above. This week we're working on financing and hopefully by this weekend we'll be proud Hyundai owners. But as we've sought the counsel of family members throughout this big decision, we've been struggling with the proper pronunciation of "Hyundai"; every person has pronounced it differently. So being the rather anal person that I am, I looked it up this afternoon after church and found that it's pronounced "Hunday, rhymes with Sunday." When I told Ciaran how to remember how to pronounce it, he laughed. Then we're watching the Superbowl tonight and this commercial came on and at the end they comment on the proper pronunciation of it. Too funny! We laughed. Enjoy the commercial.


1 comment:

JR said...

Hey! I have a great picture from Russia that I need to send you, but it's at home, so I'll have to e-mail it from there. You're going to love it. :) I had SUCH an amazing time. Being back actually kind of stinks--it's been hard. I think it gets worse everytime. Coming home from Ivanovo, I was a little sad, and I didn't feel homesick much, except for a bit on the flight back. This time, I cried like a baby as soon as the plane took off from KZ, and have spent the ENTIRE last week writing back and forth with friends in Russia. And I'm still feeling homesick (although, it's more bearable now...) Much love to you and also a hello to Ciaran!