Thursday, December 21, 2006

My fun week continues...

So my first week of Christmas break is turning out to be way better than I had anticipated. First I was just excited because all I had was work this week and NO HOMEWORK to think about and race to get done. Then I realized with all of this free time I would have plenty of time to catch up with the girls and that made me even more excited. But I had no idea how great it would be and how much I have missed everyone.

Monday night started out great with catching up with Jen as we went over to the Andrews' house for Jennifer Chen's tea she was hosting to update all of us on her work in Washington, D.C. Then, to my great surprise, Amy greeted me at the door (I haven't seen Amy all semester!!!) and I got to spend part of the evening catching up with her as well.

Tuesday night featured Amy, Shannon and I shopping for Adam's present that REAL is sending over to him when a group from church heads to SE Asia this winter. We were able to get Adam's presents, but our own Christmas shopping was left for a later date because we needed more concentrated time to chat. There is nothing in this world like catching up with these dear friends and hearing what God is doing in their lives. It is always so encouraging!

And now that brings me to last night. Jen, Shannon and I congregated at our summer hangout, McDonalds. This probably seems weird, but I got all nostalgic when the three of us sat down, just like old times (I know said "old times" is only last summer, but it really seems like an eternity ago). Discussing God stuff, general life stuff, work, music, books, incredibly random (but oh so not random at the same time) llamas and t-shirt design, and so much more. Oh yes and good ol' soccer stuff with Jen. [Quick aside, Jen is well on her way to becoming quite the devoted Premiership junkie! Yea! My takeover is almost complete.] Anyway, the point being is that it was just an awesome time. I love my girls so much and I am posting this partly because my blog is my space to just get out whatever I'm thinking about, but also to serve as a reminder to me next semester when I'm drowning in all the work that goes with a final semester of college, that I need to take time out to just relax with the girls. Then, Andy, Matt and Kyle came to McDonalds after their movie and I was able to catch up with them for a short bit before I had to head home. There is almost nothing like catching up with old friends!

No comments: