Monday, January 10, 2011

1000 Gifts: January

These past several weeks have flown by with so many whispers and shouts of God's love that I don't even know where to begin, but begin I must, completely aware that this list doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of His goodness and faithfulness to us.



71.  The close proximity of my OB/GYN and blood work facility (both less than 2 minutes from our apartment complex) for my many appointments I had in December.
72.  The blessing of supportive family, church family, friends, colleagues, secretaries, and students.
73.  A bouquet of a dozen roses hand-delivered to our apartment by a few of my students
74.  Encouraging words sent just when I needed them the most
75.  Joy in being a follower of Christ
76.  Joy in being a wife
77.  My husband's compassionate and tender care making me smile and feel warm again
78.  A cozy, snug apartment with glowing Christmas tree lights illuminating the darkness
79.  A slow-paced, steady routine those last few weeks of December in place of the frantic, chaotic schedule I've been keeping for almost four months now
80.  Delight in small, simple things all around me
81.  Hope/Ideas for redeeming the three months between now and when we can begin thinking about getting pregnant again (I won't deny that this has been the toughest one)
82.  Anticipation and excitement for the next boys varsity soccer season which I'm now (Lord willing) going to get to view since we won't have a newborn at home
83.  Joy in exercising without fear
84.  Drinking caffeine and eating cold deli meat
85.  My bright and cheery classroom
86.   A joy-filled Christmas celebrating the birth of our Savior
87.  My grandmother's wonderfully peaceful home
88.  Spending time with my awesome niece and nephew
89.  Lots of fun and laughter with family
90.  Tons of new Chelsea gear from my brother
91.  My new Pandora bracelet
92.  A peaceful morning looking out at the beauty of the snow-covered woods behind my grandmother's house
93.  Returning home to an apartment filled with work for me to do
94.  Strength to survive my 14 hour first day back at work
95.  Coming home from above-mentioned 14-hour work day to an XBox 360 w/Kinect all set up and Ciaran dancing in the living room
96.  Endless fun with the XBox 360 w/Kinect
97.  Long workouts
98.  The stability of a work routine
99.  Lots of fast food available when I'm too tired to cook
100.  Precious fellowship at RBC
101.  Joy in gathering to worship our great God with fellow believers and the privilege of sitting under godly teachers.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your unborn baby. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I am amazed and blessed by your trusting, godly response in this list.