Wednesday, January 03, 2007

WHO IS CHELSEA?!?!

Yikes, that’s an alarming question. I have been asked quite a few times in the past few days about my blogging on Chelsea. People honestly are telling me they have no idea who they are…one person asked me if Chelsea Football Club is a new NFL team (oh how I pray they were joking!!!). But I guess maybe I should be a bit more understanding…especially after what happened last night at Garrett’s when Nikki was telling us about her brief encounter recently with Peyton Manning on an elevator (I didn’t know who Peyton Manning was…I have been told to pack my bags and move to England post-haste, as a result of that lack of knowledge). But still, I think Chelsea is a worthwhile club to know about, so it’s time for a refresher course or an introductory course, if you care to learn, but Chelsea’s so wonderful, I think it’s worth the time, at least that’s my humble opinion (sheepish smile).

OK, so check this link out, it’s a good starting point showing all the players, manager, owner, Stamford Bridge, etc. So without further ado…meet my beloved Chelsea…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh0fiFdub0Q

And if there are any more questions about Chelsea, please let me know because I really do love blogging about them! :-) And since I only recently defected from Newcastle to Chelsea (World Cup did it, watching Lampard, Terry, Joe and Ashley Cole, as well as Drogba and a handful of others made me want to watch them all season long), hence my switching to this club in August (much to the chagrin of some dear friends of mine who also love Prem., but can’t stand Chelsea, primarily because of the Russian billionaire who owns them)….I really do still have a lot to learn about this club, so blogging will help me research and learn what I don’t know yet. All right, that’s enough for now about Chelsea. And I promise, my next post will be about something else, but I really had to get this off my chest first. Oh ya and if anyone is looking for Newcastle gear, let me know, because I have quite a bit I’m more than willing to part with now. Especially two jerseys in particular (one official jersey and the other a training jersey, I think they both are from 2003 or 2004)! No takers?! I didn’t think so. I don’t blame you. Just kidding. :-)

3 comments:

amy deLine said...

You may know of Peyton from the MasterCard commercials. Go to this one, it's pretty recent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYAsv4Ryy8

When I said, "You should move to England now!" I really didn't mean it as if I WANTED you to move. It's just that you seem like you would love it there. And in the culture of sports, you would have more futbol friends there than you can find here (and you would never get made fun of for not knowing football). Oh, and I found out that Jeff (Abbey's husband) got a new job and will travel to England 4 times this year. How lucky!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the link! And I forgot that it was you that was joking about me moving to England, for some reason I thought Chris was the one who said it. Maybe you both did. :-) Hahaha. And tell Jeff congrats on the new job, I'm so jealous about the travel to England!

JR said...

What's up with Terry?! (And I can't believe we lost. Yuck.)