Friday, July 23, 2010

Frugal Fridays-Coupon Binder

In my continual quest to shave pennies off of our grocery bill, I have taken up couponing.  When I first started couponing a year ago, I quickly felt overwhelmed by the sheer number of coupons and experienced an almost constant struggle to quickly locate a specific coupon when I needed it.  Another struggle I had consisted of finding sale prices at the grocery store (that weren't advertised), only to find out I had left a coupon for that sale-priced item at home. 

So last fall, I started researching ways to organize coupons and stumbled upon this revolutionary idea.  The Coupon Binder.  Once I found this, I started looking for ways I could create this for myself.  More research ensued. 

This blog post was all I needed.  I followed her steps and created my very own coupon binder and 10 months later, I'm still loving it and using it every time I go grocery shopping.  The only downside to this resource is that it draws questions...about once a month someone stops me in the grocery store and asks about it.  Also, if you shop during hours when the store is super busy, you might frustrate some people.  I haven't experienced that yet, but it might happen.  I generally shop when it's quiet because I'm working on a price book (which I'll post about it another Frugal Friday post). 

I love shopping now and I've watched my savings double over all and the first few weeks, it tripled my savings.  And I'm still learning, so I'm hoping to see our savings grow even more.  Happy Couponing!

No comments: