Monday, August 16, 2010

One Thousand Gifts-The Start

A dear woman at my church shared with me last night the name of a blog she follows.    When I got home from church yesterday evening, I immediately checked it out.  And now I'm completely captivated by it.  One of the many things that captured my interest in this blog is her gratitude journal.  This blogger takes the time to record many of the blessings and graces that the Lord pours out on her throughout her day.  I love this idea, so I'm going to join the Gratitude Community as well!  Especially since I just spent all day learning how to use Data Director and Data 4SS at my local ISD in preparation for the new school year.  I desperately need to stop and consider all of the beautiful love letters and whispers of God's grace all around me because right now, student data is all that is richocheting around in my mind. 



holy experience

Ahhh, after just a few minutes in prayer, I love how God opens my eyes to all of the beauty and gifts around me.  I am so thankful for...

1.  The sunlight streaming through the blinds in front of me.
2.  The cloudless, blue sky.
3.  Quiznos Turkey, Ranch and Swiss sub after a long day
4.  Tossed salad sitting on my counter for 21 soccer players
5.  Boiled chocolate frosting

6.  God's grace
7.  The Bible
8.  Sweet fellowship at RBC yesterday
9.  Laughing and chatting and snuggling with Ciaran until late in the night as we debriefed from our busy week
10.  A husband who leads me spiritually and makes our devotional/prayer life as a couple a priority even in the midst of his hectic schedule.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Welcome to the Gratitude Community, Michelle! I loved your list - and I love that you are a fellow teacher :) I pray that you will savour God's goodness each day and let Him fill you with the strength that you need and the joy to celebrate life with Him. Take care!

P.S. You posted right ahead of me so I stopped by to visit.

Kim Hyland said...

So glad you've joined. This community and the act of blogging our gratitude is so refreshing! Welcome.

Lindsey V said...

Welcome to the Gratitude Community if I can say that...since I have just joined myself today!! It is so encouraging to see what God is doing in the hearts of His "girls" around the world!

Julie said...

Welcome to the Gratitude Community! Ann @ Holy experience certainly does have a way with words doesn't she?

I am glad you joined and that you are looking for the extraordinary in the ordinary!

Blessings,
Julie

Rebecca said...

I'm 27, too! Welcome to Multitude Mondays!!

Jo-Ann said...

I just started counting a few weeks ago. Even in that short time, I am amazed how much there is to be thankful for when I write it down. God bless as you count blessings!!