Friday, August 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 8/17/10

It's been a long week.  My brain is mush, yet I can't sleep.  I have a million and one different blog post ideas, yet can't bring myself to complete any of them.  So, I'm employing The Simple Woman's Daybook tonight. 

Outside my window...
it's dark and the cicadas are singing.

I am thinking...
of all of the things I need to get done tomorrow before we leave for Auburn Hills.

I am thankful for...
the warmth radiating from my husband as he lays on the opposite end of the couch from me.

From the kitchen...
I didn't cook tonight.  I had a bunch of errands to run and the only time I had for those errands was between 4:30 and 8:30 tonight.  Ciaran grilled burgers and I grabbed fast food.

I am wearing...
my favorite turquoise pajamas.

I am creating...
a new work wardrobe for this upcoming school year and incorporating more skirts and dresses.

I am going...
to the Auburn Hills area tomorrow for my sister-in-law's Michigan wedding reception!

I am reading...
Beowulf and a book on small groups by C.J. Mahaney.

I am hoping...
to be able to make it up to my hometown on Sunday to visit my brother for a few hours (he's in from California for the weekend). 

I am hearing...
Ciaran shifting in his sleep.

Around the house...
I need to do a number of "Room Rescues" ala FlyLady and get caught up on laundry.

One of my favorite things...
is the few weeks before the start of a new school year.  I have my new teaching schedule, I'm reorganzing my classroom, prepping course maps and unit plans, reviewing state standards/benchmarks and national standards and cross-referencing assessments to those standards, assisting Ciaran as he starts the soccer season, racing to finish up projects around home and so much more.  I love this time of year and getting back onto my 5am to 9pm schedule.  It feels good.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Tomorrow I need to wrap up some projects here and then head across the state to the above-mentioned wedding reception that is sure to be a TON of fun!!!  Sunday, (as I've also already stated) I'm hoping to make it up to see my brother before he heads back to California.  Then Monday, it's back to the grind and Monday night we have Ciaran's first soccer game as varsity coach for his school.  It's an away game so I'm going to have to make a 50 minute drive to see it, but it will be worth it!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
N/A (I'm using my work laptop and I don't have any pictures saved on here.  Our laptop's powercord broke so we haven't been able to use it for almost a week now.)

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

It sounds like you teach here in MI? What age/subject do you teach? Just curious... my hubby finally got hired in at a MI school and we are so thankful. How long have you been teaching?

Michelle said...

I'm heading into my third year as a high school English teacher. Teaching jobs are tough to come by here in Michigan! And congrats to your husband! How exciting!!!