Monday, May 23, 2011

1000 Gifts: May 2011 Edition (Part 2)

A new work week and a new start!  I love the freshness of Mondays.  Even when I'm not feeling my best and working from home.  Here are some of the gifts that I'm thanking the Lord for from the past week.  



155.  13 weeks of pregnancy!
156.  A fantastic, retired English teacher willing to sub for my classes to give me a two-day break to rest at home
157.  Relief from vomiting when I am laying still in bed
158.  The joy of prayer
159.  The calming presence of the Lord in the midst of physical distress
160.  Vision for a new chapter in life
161.  Green grass
162.  Leafy trees
163.  Syrup drizzled over pancakes
164.  The coolness of pineapple touching my tongue
165.  Focus for the moments
166.  Ciaran deeply engrossed in his reading of a book about Alex Ferguson
167.  The glorious sound of silence as we limit our TV consumption
168.  Learning new things about blogging
169.  Finding ways to pinch pennies
170. Little baby Canadian geese wandering by our back porch all fuzzy and cute

2 comments:

{MrsH} said...

Hi! I wandered over from Ann's blog. Congratulations on your pregnancy. What a blessing from God. I especially love the comment about the baby geese. I can imagine how cute they are :)
God bless!

Anna said...

I'm glad that you were able to take a few days "off" to rest. And I like your comment about limiting TV consumption. We don't have cable, but it's always a challenge for me to limit entertainment when I'm in that sick first trimester.